This teatime treat is heavenly as it is but, for a change, use your loaf and swap the macadamias for almonds, Brazil nuts or hazelnuts.
Preparation time: 15 mins
Bake: 60 mins
Ready in: 75 mins
- Melted butter, for greasing
- 7 ounce (200 g) dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup (100 ml) milk chocolate, chopped
- Extra 3 ounce (100 g) butter, softened
- 2 tablespoon (30 ml) milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup (220 g) firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cups (175 g9 plain flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoon (9 g) baking powder
- 1 cup (120 g) roasted macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a 2.5 inch (7 cm) deep, 4 x 8 inch (10 x 21cm) loaf pan. Line with baking paper, allowing a 1 inch (2 cm) overhang at both long ends.
- Melt chocolates and extra butter in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir until smooth. Stir in milk and set aside to cool for 15 minutes.
- Put eggs and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until pale and creamy. Gradually add chocolate mixture. Sift flour and baking powder over chocolate mixture, then fold until just combined. Gently stir in nuts.
- Pour mixture into prepared tin. Bake for 55-60 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer. Cool in tin for 15 minutes before turning out to cool completely. Serve.