Chocolate cake with peanut butter icing. This recipe ia a favorite for birthdays. The cake is very moist.
Preparation time: 15 mins
Bake: 30 mins
Ready in: 45 mins
Serves: One 9 x 13 inch (22 x 33 cm) pan
- 3 cups (375 g) all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons (9 g) baking soda
- 1 teaspoon (6 g) salt
- 6 tablespoons (30 g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups (400 g) white sugar
- 10 tablespoons (140 g) butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) distilled white vinegar
- 2 cups (475 ml) warm water
- 1/4 cup (65 g) peanut butter
- 1 cup (60 ml) packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) milk
- 1/4 cup (55 g) butter, softened
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, salt, cocoa, and white sugar.
- To the sifted ingredients, add the 10 tablespoons (140 g) butter or margarine, vinegar, and warm water. Mix thoroughly, but do not beat. Pour batter into ungreased 9 x 13 (22 x 33 cm) inch pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 to 35 minutes. Remove cake from oven, but keep it in the pan.
- Cream together peanut butter, brown sugar, milk, and 1/4 cup butter (55 g) or margarine. Spread icing onto cake. Place under broiler until brown and bubbly.