This is the richest chocolate cake ever!
Preparation time: 10 mins
Bake: 45 mins
Ready in: 55 mins
Serves: One 10 inch (25 cm) round cake
- 12 ounces (340 g) semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 (1 ounce) (112 g) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 1 1/2 cups (340 g) butter, melted
- 1 3/4 cups (350 g) white sugar
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) water
- 7 eggs
- 2 cups (120 g) whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 10 inch (25 cm) round pan and line bottom with parchment paper.
- Chop chocolate squares and place in a large bowl with chocolate chips. Add melted butter. Heat water and 1 1/2 cups (190 g) sugar in a saucepan until boiling, then pour over chocolate. Stir until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whip eggs with remaining 1/4 cup (32 g) sugar until thick. Fold into chocolate mixture. Pour batter into 10 inch (25 cm) pan.
- Place 10 inch (25 cm) pan on a cookie sheet in the oven and fill the cookie sheet with water.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 40 to 50 minutes. Remove from oven. Cool and refrigerate for several hours. Be extremely careful not to burn yourself on the hot water when removing the sheet pan from the oven.
- Dip the pan in hot water to remove cooled cake. Garnish with whipped cream and serve.