This is a moist chocolate cake with a hint of cinnamon. This recipe will make a large one layer cake or a two layer quarter sheet cake.
Preparation time: 15 mins
Bake: 30 mins
Ready in: 45 mins
Serves: One 12 x 18 inch (30 x 45 cm) pan
- 2 cups (350 g) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (20 g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups (400 g) white sugar
- 1 teaspoon (5 g) baking soda
- 1 teaspoon (2 g) ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (110 g) margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) vegetable oil
- 1 cup (235 ml) water
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) sour milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 12 x 18 inch (30 x 45 g) pan.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, cocoa, sugar, baking soda and cinnamon. Add the margarine, oil, water, sour milk, eggs and vanilla, mix until smooth. Spread evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool.