This is a Swedish recipe for Kladdkaka (Sticky Chocolate Cake), a rich, and gooey chocolate cake.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Bake: 35 mins
Ready in: 1 hour 45 mins
Serves: One cake
- 1/2 cup (60 g) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (20 g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 pinch (1 g) salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/3 cups (265 g) white sugar
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (115 g) butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Lightly grease an 8-inch (20 cm) pie plate.
- Sift together the flour, cocoa powder, and salt; set aside. Stir the eggs into the sugar until smooth. Add the flour mixture, and stir just until combined. Pour in the vanilla extract and butter; stir until well combined. Pour into prepared pie plate.
- Bake on the lower rack of the preheated oven for 35 minutes, or until the center has slightly set. Allow cake to cool for 1 hour in the pie plate. Serve warm, or refrigerate overnight and serve cold.