These are wonderful as long as they’re not overbaked.
Preparation time: 30 mins
Bake: 30 mins
Ready in: 1 hour
Serves: 24 cupcakes
- 4 (1 ounce) (112 g) squares semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup (225 g) butter
- 1 cup (125 g) all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 3/4 cups (350 g) white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) vanilla extract
- 2 cups (220 g) chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners. In the top of a double boiler, combine chocolate and butter. Heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture is melted and smooth. Remove from heat and allow to cool to lukewarm.
- Sift flour and sugar together into a large bowl. With mixer on low speed, beat in eggs one at a time. Stir in chocolate mixture, vanilla and pecans. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes. Do not overbake. Tops should be shiny but give slightly when touched.