A quick chocolate cake also known as Wacky Cake. It has no eggs or milk, and is mixed in the same pan it’s baked in.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Bake: 30 mins
Ready in: 40 mins
Serves: One 8 inch (20 cm) square pan
- 1 1/2 cups (180 g) sifted pastry flour
- 1 cup (200 g) white sugar
- 1/4 cup (20 g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon (5 g) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon (5 g) baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon (2 g) salt
- 1 cup (235 ml) water
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Have ready an un-greased 8 inch square pan.
- Sift together the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt into an un-greased pan. Make a well in the center and pour in the water, oil, vinegar and vanilla. Mix until blended.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool.