Chocolate cupcakes are the ultimate party food. Make some for your next party!
Preparation time: 15 mins
Bake: 15 mins
Ready in: 30 mins
Serves: 16 cupcakes
- 1 1/3 cups (165 g) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 g) baking soda
- 2 teaspoons (10 g) baking powder
- 3/4 cup (65 g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon (0.8 g) salt
- 3 tablespoons (45 g) butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups (300 g) white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon (5 ml) vanilla extract
- 1 cup (235 ml) milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a muffin pan with paper or foil liners. Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well with each addition, then stir in the vanilla. Add the flour mixture alternately with the milk; beat well. Fill the muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean. Frost with your favorite frosting when cool.