Chocolate cream cheese cupcakes, rich and gooey. Serve these little gems with a tall glass of ice cold milk.
Preparation time: 30 mins
Bake: 30 mins
Ready in: 60 mins
Serves: 24 cupcakes
- 1 (8 ounce) (225 g) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup (65 g) white sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon (0.8 g) salt
- 1 cup (175 g) miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups (190 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (200 g) white sugar
- 1/4 cup (20 g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon (5 g) baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon (3 g) salt
- 1 cup (235 ml) water
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line muffin tins with paper cups or lightly spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese, egg, 1/3 cup sugar (65 g) and 1/8 teaspoon (0.8 g) salt until light and fluffy. Stir in the chocolate chips and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, 1 cup (175 g) sugar, cocoa, baking soda and 1/2 teaspoon (3 g) salt. Make a well in the center and add the water, oil, vinegar and vanilla. Stir together until well blended. Fill muffin tins 1/3 full with the batter and top with a dollop of the cream cheese mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes.