Yummy on its own or with chocolate frosting!
Preparation time: 10 mins
Bake: 40 mins
Ready in: 50 mins
Serves: One 9 x 13 (22 x 33 cm) inch pan
- 1 cup (225 g) margarine
- 1 3/4 cups (350 g) white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (8 ml) vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups (355 ml) milk
- 2 1/2 cups (310 g) all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons (30 g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (7 g) baking soda
- 1 teaspoon (6 g) salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9 x 13 inch (22 x 33 cm) pan. Sift together the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the margarine and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the milk, mixing just until incorporated. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool.